_

_

Friday, June 25, 2010

Pre-Race: Coteau-du-lac

I honestly didn't think that I would be writing a pre-race report less than one week after Guelph Lake I and my battle with my left hamstring, but here we are! I was notified on Tuesday by Triathlon Canada that I had been approved for my International Competition Card and that I could still gain entry into the Coteau-du-lac Pan American Cup, so I said why not?-Sign me up! It was a huge rush to get my uniform printed in time, but the team at Swim and Sports worked their magic and got it done in time.

I am very excited to race tomorrow, but petrified at the same time! I saw the likes of Paula Findlay and many other very fast triathletes at the athletes meeting this afternoon, so it should be a great race for the spectators. At the moment, we are pretty confident that it will be a non-wetsuit swim, so that will also be a first for me. They are calling for showers tomorrow afternoon while we race, but I hope they'll hold off until the evening. Most of all, I'm hoping that my hamstring has benefited from the treatment this week and is ready to step up!

I will be sure to write about this race later, but for now, it's time to prep for tomorrow!

Leanna

No comments:

Post a Comment