_

_

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Upcoming Races

So, I finally took the leap and purchased my plane tickets for Budapest! I suppose it was really inevitable at this point, since I already paid for race entry, uniform, and accommodations. This coming September 12th, three of us (Ming, Natalie, and myself) on the Darkhorse Flyers Elite Triathlon Team will be representing both Canada and the Flyers at the World Triathlon Championships! I have never been to Europe before, so I'm very excited to step foot on some new soil.

This weekend I'll be heading to Magog, Quebec for the Provincial Elite Championships. It'll be my second draft legal race in my career, so it should be interesting! I saw the bike course profile and it looks pretty hilly...I believe a series of 5 climbs or so. The run course also has a big climb, and it's composed of 2 loops, so it should prove to be a challenging course all round. As for wetsuits, I'm going to assume that I won't be allowed to wear one, that way if they are in fact allowed, I will be pleasantly surprised. Most of my friends are racing in Muskoka this weekend or at Ironman Lake Placid, so a small group of Fighting Koalas were nice enough to offer a spot in their car and hotel room for me to tag along on this Quebec adventure. Word is that we are hitting up St. Catherine's Street for a night out on the town in Montreal after the race:)

Next weekend I'll be heading up to Ottawa for the OAT Sprint Draft Legal Elite Championships, which I must say I am very much looking forward to. I haven't done a true sprint (750m, 20km, 5km) in over a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment