_

_

Sunday, February 19, 2012

A long overdue post

I have been MIA from the blog world for quite some time now and thought that it was high time for me to stage my comeback! I am currently in Clermont, Florida getting some much needed sunshine and UV rays to cure my winter blues and to get over some of my trepidation of getting back on that bike. Clermont is also the perfect venue for me to get my shoulder strong again and to start logging some swim miles. I am thrilled to report that my shoulder is still hanging in there (no pun intended) after a solid week of 4+km swim sessions. I certainly have plenty of work to do in the pool before the race season commences, but I'm gaining confidence back, feeling positive, and moving in the right direction.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of riding with Nina Kraft! I was so intimidated and worried that I wouldn't be able to handle a longer ride with her, but when she invited me to come along, there was no way that I could pass up on the opportunity. We had a great ride on smooth roads that circled the many lakes here, and didn't have to contend with too many cars. Clermont truly has been a gem of a place to train, and it seems as though tons of Canadians have discovered it already. I've bumped into so many Torontonians since I've been here, let alone just Canadians.

I'll bring my camera along tomorrow when I hit the Orange Grove Clay trails, so I can share some pictures of my runs here!

On a side note, I finally got myself a Twitter account. You can follow me @LeannaTri from now on too!

No comments:

Post a Comment